Tuesday 10 January 2012

Week 2, Day 1

And so it goes...

I have to say, to my relief, I didn't find the first day of W2 to be any significant step up from W1.

My biggest challenge is proving to be my weakness on my right side; it's the side on which I broke my ankle and it's very evident that the muscle wastage that occurred while I was in plaster has left me with a significant difference in strength between my left and right side (should've stuck at the lower limb class that the hospital referred me on to!). I feel like my left hand side could easily go beyond the recommended distance in C25K, but my right side is having none of it.

I'm sure the strength will improve sooner than later, but it's giving me concerns about running outside as opposed to the elliptical. How will it stand up to support 18 stone (or, just under 18 stone now, yay me!) as I thunder down the road?

I've also been craving a beer today - I think I've awakened the beer monster after having a few at the weekend (and it was a fraction of my usual weekend consumption, yay me again!).

No big deal, though, it's easy enough to resist especially as I feel I've made a lot of progress in a short time. I'll enjoy the weekend's beer all the more for waiting for it ;-)

3 comments:

  1. knee still feels funny, but I think I'll start week 1 again tomorrow, after a 3 day hiatus. Business took me out of town, it's 10 degrees Fahrenheit, and I was 2 miles from my favorite brewery. Had a pilsner, a belgian white ale, a sour, and a wheat, plus some repeats. MMMMMmmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished day 3 of week 2. I have gotten to where I look forward to my training. Of course, when I'm actually training I look forward to the cool down. LOL!

    Shannon
    http://everystepcounts365.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I know exactly how that feels, Shannon! How hard is the first five minutes of a run? Each time, I can hear the little voice in my head saying 'you'll never get to 25 minutes, might as well stop now...'. Hope W3 is going well for you.

    ReplyDelete