Monday 9 January 2012

Week 1, Day 3

Week 1 is in the bag!!

I enjoyed the third session far more than days 1 and 2. It was the first time I felt I could happily go on for longer; after the first two sessions I couldn't wait to get off the elliptical!

It was also the session I felt the least motivated to start. Having done it, and felt good doing it, I am now keen to hit Week 2.

I can feel some aching from my busted ankle today, but nothing major. Hopefully I'll feel ready for some road running next month. I'm curious to know how much harder I'm going to find it in comparison with the elliptical work.

The scales say I've dropped 3 pounds since I started last Tuesday so, while weight loss wasn't my primary focus (I kind of figured that would take care of itself as I increased my workouts) it's a welcome bonus.

Although I've only dipped my toe in to the program so far, I can feel some (albeit minor) improvement to my base fitness level and can't wait to get further into the weeks ahead.

I'm also giving some thought to what I'm going to do once I complete the C25K; I need to have a plan to carry on improving if I'm to increase my distances sufficiently to make a half marathon a possibility next year.

Oh, and my alcohol intake at the weekend was a fraction of what I'd usually put down my neck; I actually found myself worrying about undoing the good work of the previous week and this was a pretty good motivator to limit the booze.

Overall, I'm delighted with the first week's progress. Onwards and upwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment